• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

blowhole woe!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SillyBob

Check this out :)

madskills.jpg

sexy?

I didnt realise the front bezel had no way to pull air through, until after I decided to mount a radiator where the hole is, and after putting a hole in the actual metal piece, im reluctant to attempt a DIY solution on the front bezel, would it be worthwhile drilling lots and lots of small holes in a circular formation on the front bezel, and putting an air filter behind it? or would i be better off buying a case with a 120mm fan mount already there and setup? :)

dorimon81

Try a pair of tin snips. They're what I used.
Also, I'd seriously start thinking of getting a dremel if I were you. I picked one up last weekend for 20 bucks canadian.

OP
S

SillyBob

wouldnt have a clue :) its got lots of bits.. dunno what they all do hehe

i was thinking more along the lines of reinforcing the parts around a perfect circle, and then taking the hammer to it again to flatten it down, an then cutting the flaps off with something... err if you know what i mean :)

Im not too bothered with how it looks anyhow, itll all be covered up with the radiator one side and air filter the other side. just wondered if lots of lil holes in the front bezel would be sufficient to pull air through, or if i needed to make another hole like that in the plastic :eek:

OSUmaxx

If you're looking to clean that up and want to use a drill, buy a hole saw. It will be a little hard to get it started now, but you can do it if you take your time.

WyrmMaster

I'm a little teapot Senior
OSUmaxx said:
If you're looking to clean that up and want to use a drill, buy a hole saw. It will be a little hard to get it started now, but you can do it if you take your time.

To fix that with a hole saw you would need to clamp a piece of wood accross the back for the center bit to guide in. Otherwise there is no way you would hold it steady... trust me.

JDXNC

OMG! :eek: Bah, screw cleaning it up... just install a house fan now, will add character to the ahem "hole". :D

itizme

SPEECHLESS, ahh maybe not

I feel for you guys, it reminds me of the days as a kid when we used to go to a local swamp to try to get the wheels off old shopping carts for our wooden go carts. Its darn near impossible to do things without tools. It would take five or six of us at least a week to get 4 wheels, but as I recall it was all worth every minute of it when we were going downhill on those go carts.