• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

blowhole woe!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
fyi a hole saw will cost ya bout 10-15 depending on the size, twice that if you want to use it more than a few times id say get a cheap dremel

this reminds me of that old/classic how not to mod your computer (with tools such as a chain saw, shotgun..etc.) just create a large hole in the front bezel and then get a 120mm fan guard for it.

My dads a carpenter/everything so he has plenty of hole drills. They work awsome...but you have to have them in the first place.

If you don't have the needed tools just ask your friends for them.

That seems to be what k3nshin linked too...and yup that all fits in they're catagory of "ghetto fabulous" lol.

And as for the question about dremel 'bits' for cutting metal, any cutoff wheel would be good. People have said the reinforced ones are better, and some say that the fiberglass(?) ones are the best....for the cost :D

You can buy diamond edged bits..but iirc they ae like 7 bux a pop...but it comes w/a mandrel :) (the thing you put the disc on).

Get that cleaned up...many sheets of sandpaper might do it...(but i never said they wouldn't get ripped..) lol.

Fold and Frag on
Brain

my case is G
and G stands for gangster

lol, i dunno whawt im gonna do, besides that hole (which i might clean up) there is nothing wrong with it

my rig is runnign caselss right now :)

A nibbler sounds like a good tool for you guys to pick up. Here at Harbor Freight they are $6. You'll have to pay shipping if you don't live close to one of thier retail stores, but it won't be over $20 total. Depends where you live. With a little time you can get near perfect straight lines first pass with a nibbler.

bubba gump said:
That seems to be what k3nshin linked too...and yup that all fits in they're catagory of "ghetto fabulous" lol.

And as for the question about dremel 'bits' for cutting metal, any cutoff wheel would be good. People have said the reinforced ones are better, and some say that the fiberglass(?) ones are the best....for the cost :D

You can buy diamond edged bits..but iirc they ae like 7 bux a pop...but it comes w/a mandrel :) (the thing you put the disc on).

Get that cleaned up...many sheets of sandpaper might do it...(but i never said they wouldn't get ripped..) lol.

Fold and Frag on
Brain

i bielieve the "reinforced" and "fiberglass" wheels you talk about are one in the same. They are reinforced with fiberglass

I have a great idea for you two, ever heard of pre-modded cases?

j/k :D

For real I would find a jig saw cut out that panel all but about a half inch on each side and install a new piece of metal. But before installing take it down to a sheet metal place and have them put in the hole. They are very friendly towards modders I find, and you get a nice clean hole.

*holds his computer case in a protective manner from tha hands of SillyBob*

Damn dude, I would've used a hole-saw. Perfect circle without the well.....you know.

dremels can do wonders

The fan holes, on my case were done with a dremel:
Theres the one on the side and one on the top middle thats somewhat faint. The acryllic was also cut w/ a dremel.. It smells after a while of cutting..
callmetbone.jpg

Back