• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blowholes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stan03

If i were to put blowholes into my case, should they both be sucking in, blowing out, or one sucking in and one blowing out?

wannaoc

A blowhole in my opinion is one that blows out. In that case you should have one on top of the case blowing out and if you don't have one already one in the back blowing out. With this setup you have to have at least one blowing in usually in the bottom front and in some cases in the side panel. The fan sizes are all up to you and your sound/airflow needs.

Fast420A

Yup, Top blowing out seems to have to most heat coming out on my case. I have an 80 mm that was the only fan on a desktop P120 as my top blowhole. I have a stock 60 mm AMD sink fan as my back fan under the PSU that also has so heat coming from it. I have 3 80 mm across the bottom of the side that dropped my case temps 5C after I put them back in again. 32C case 47C Cpu.

sangapski

wannaoc said:
A blowhole in my opinion is one that blows out.

i thought so too...

Originally posted by Stan03
If i were to put blowholes into my case, should they both be sucking in, blowing out, or one sucking in and one blowing out?

it depends on where you're cutting the hole
u can try either way and compare the temps
then go with which ones is better :D

OP
stan03

stan03

i haven't actully bought the case, it already has one blowhole, two fans at the front sucking in, two in the back blowing out, two in the window sucking int, one at the top blowing out... i don't even really need two more fans do I?

wannaoc

No, I would think not. But I would make sure to get some quiet fans as that many 80mm fans is going to make some noise. That case seems like overkill to me unless you overclock really heavy. But if you do o/c that much consider watercooling and cut down on noise.