• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blu-ray on 2nd monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGreySpectre

On my main rig I run 3 monitors (Dell 3008WFP, LG E2241 and an Acer 19" something). These are connected to video cards (an AMD 6870 and a ATI 3650). My usual setup is the 3008WFP is my main display and connected the the 6870 and the other two are connected to the 3650.

The Issue I am having is that I can only play Blu-rays on the screen designated in Windows as my main display. Doesn't matter which screen I try and play it on it will play if is the main display and will not (black screen inside player) if it is display 2 or display 3. DVDs play just fine on the 2nd and 3rd displays.

What do I need to change so that I can play blu-rays on my second monitor.

System Details
Blu-ray/DVD player: PowerDVD 10
Blu-ray drive: Plextor PX-B320SA
Windows 7 Professional X64
2.5 Quad core AMD
6gigs of ram

I posted this to HTPC as I figured you guys have experiance with blu-rays

edit: Solved- the issue seems to be in PowerDVD. I switched to MP-HC and it works just fine.

Last edited:
I have mine set up pretty simple actually.

2011-09-30_12-06-54_804.jpg
2011_12_02_22_31_25_145.jpg

I use PowerDVD10 to play the BlueRay's and just use the desktop as "Expanded" (press
windows_key.jpg
+ P) I then set PowerDVD to use the HDMI audio so I have separate audio also. You will need to drag the PowerDVD window or what ever you use to the screen you want and then maximize it though.

Back