• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Board only has 1 usb2 header. How can I get front panel & corsair link both on?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GenieGOR

Board only has 1 usb2 header. How can I get front panel & corsair link both on?

So I have a corsair h110iGTX & front panel that both need a usb header. I only have one. I also have a corsair hx1000i platinum power supply that needs a usb header or I cant control the fan on that either.

How can I fix this?

So, you have two or three headers that need a home? I am pretty sure there are two at the bottom of the board.

So, you have two or three headers that need a home? I am pretty sure there are two at the bottom of the board.

I have one on the board. I need 2 or 3. If not I am using the only one I have on the board for the corsair link on the h110i GTX. which means no way to turn the power supply fan on, or the front USB2. I am thinking about swapping this board for a ASUS ROG Formula.

There are two on the XPower... but I am guessing you got the MSI now from your other thread??????????? That would be very helpful information in this thread. :)

I'll ask again, why such expensive boards???

Not sure there are any with 3 of those USB headers...

Last edited:
There are two on the XPower... but I am guessing you got the MSI now from your other thread??????????? That would be very helpful information in this thread. :)

I'll ask again, why such expensive boards???

I build high end gaming computers as a hobby for people, fun and myself. I did grab the M9 as I had a great experience with the Xpower. However this board isnt up to the par and its more expensive. I am going for a ASUS Formula instead. I heard that board is a overclocking monster.

It sucks most boards only have 1 or 2 headers yet I need 3.

The formula only has one. It, like most any other Z170 board, is a good overclocker. The board really doesn't matter... a midrange board will take a 6700K to its limits just as much as the $400 formula.

You need to figure some things out on your cooling as it just wont work with the boards that are out if they all need those USB headers. You were about to go 0-3 because you haphazardly pick boards. Scary.

The formula only has one. It, like most any other Z170 board, is a good overclocker. The board really doesn't matter... a midrange board will take a 6700K to its limits just as much as the $400 formula.

You need to figure some things out on your cooling as it just wont work with the boards that are out if they all need those USB headers. You were about to go 0-3 because you haphazardly pick boards. Scary.

What is scary? I selected the board wisely with the M9 and Xpower. Loved the Xpower. I just didnt realize that there was no fan control on the hx1000i power supply as there is on the AX series.

Or this

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00..._UL100_SR100,100_&refRID=0346C9MBEX3GCRC5M5C0

What kind of high end build are you doing that has a usb 2.0 front panel? Time to upgrade the case!

I have the obsidian 750D from corsair and it has 2 usb3 and 2usb3 on the front. Unless I can find a usb3 that would fit in the case. I still have a usb3 header available so I would love to do that. I just don't know what usb3 cable to get that would slide into the front.

Back