• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Boards with out-of-the-box 45 nm support

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zurvan

Hi
Which P35 boards yopu know of support 45nm proccys out-of-the-box (without BIOS update) as I dont have a spare Socket 775 processor to do the update.
TIA

I don't think any of them do.

However, that typically doesn't matter. So long as you put an LGA775 Core 2 Duo processor in the board, it should boot just fine. The "problem" will be that it doesn't detect the FSB or voltage correctly, which ultimately doesn't matter because you can change it on your own anyway.

So, don't worry about the lack of spare processor. Just buy your favorite P35 board, slap in your E8x00 or Q9x00, flash it up (even if you want to) and enjoy life.

My GA-P35-DS3L with detected and worked fine with my e8400. It had f7 bios on it.

Thx for the info :)

I don't think any of them do.

However, that typically doesn't matter. So long as you put an LGA775 Core 2 Duo processor in the board, it should boot just fine. The "problem" will be that it doesn't detect the FSB or voltage correctly, which ultimately doesn't matter because you can change it on your own anyway.

So, don't worry about the lack of spare processor. Just buy your favorite P35 board, slap in your E8x00 or Q9x00, flash it up (even if you want to) and enjoy life.
So all mobo will definitely boot with the new 45nm, allow me to install windows and flash the BIOS right ?
Need to build a low-cost rig before I get working on my main rig . So just any cheap P35 will do. Most probably an ABIT Ip35E

Hell, more than likely just about any LGA-775 board you can buy today will at least boot with the E8400 in it. Some may behave more strangely than others (especially if you have some ridiculously ancient 875 chipset ;)) but the P35 will have no issue at all.

Hell, more than likely just about any LGA-775 board you can buy today will at least boot with the E8400 in it. Some may behave more strangely than others (especially if you have some ridiculously ancient 875 chipset ;)) but the P35 will have no issue at all.

Ah well then IP35E shouldnt be a problem. BTW just saw CeBIT 2008 pics and the new P45 boards seem ready :soda:

Ah well then IP35E shouldnt be a problem. BTW just saw CeBIT 2008 pics and the new P45 boards seem ready :soda:

I bought an IP35-E and an E3110 (E8400 equivalent) and it booted right up out of the box with no problem. Recognized the chip correctly with no BIOS upgrade needed. Even got to 4Ghz before I decided I needed to sell a chip and that one got bumped.

My Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R supports 45nm chips right out of the box... My only problem is getting rid of this 90nm Prescott

Abit IP35-E is ready to fly, out of the box. Mine works fine, and haven't changed the bois version at all. Also OC's like a champ :D

Abit IP35-E is ready to fly, out of the box. Mine works fine, and haven't changed the bois version at all. Also OC's like a champ :D

Thats awesome news! I have an IP35-E sitting on my desk right now, just waiting for E8400's to be readily available again. I still have a few more parts to get my hands on, but its good to know I won't have to update the BIOS just to get started.

Back