• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bong Cooled VS Normal water cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Frost Byte

I know what normal water cooling is...and i have heard about bong cooling, and i'm clueless there. I've needing a project next month and was wanting to get my case cooled. So if someone could explain the bong cooling and the pros and cons of both it would be very appricated

Beancrock. This is the foundation of most Bong Coolers. Usually, people who make them modify them to dampen the sound of the water by adding a few things in the pipe. The good thing about it is that the water is cooled more in the process. The bad thing is that you'll need to refill the pipe at least once a day, maybe. It's also inconvenent if you move around a lot with your computer

Bong coolers will keep your CPU idle temp at ambient where standard watercooling won't. The will also handle the heat load of multiple pelts better than systems based on radiators. If you build one, may I suggest you use an ice chest or Igloo cooler as the reservoir. Then you only have to fill it a couple of times a week. Four ball valves and a pair of couplers between the cooler and your computer will help with the portability issue.

Back