• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bong watercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

supraway

Ok, here is the deal. I am doing a watercooling system, and want to keep my water temps at room temp. I have seen many variations of evaporative-type watercooling, but nothing that blows me away. I have seen the 4 foot tall one, the 2 foot tall one with the coil, and another which is like 1 foot tall and doesn't make any sense to me how it works. I want to build something that doesn't make my room too incredibly humid (I'm going to be in a dorm with a roommate) and does the job effectively and quietly. Is there any article out there, or is my best bet with a radiator?

P.S. I'm a cheap son of a gun, so anything over like $40 is bad.

cjtune

Try looking at this site for technical info on the evaporative cooling tower before coming to the conclusion that height affects performance...
My bong setup only cost me US$45, including the homemade waterblock. It's actually US$5 cheaper if you consider than some of the material like hoses, aluminium plate, epoxy, sealant were only used slighty and could be used again for other purposes.