• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bongs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cheesy Peas

can you post pics of your bongs please, im thinking of making one and would like to look at some designs.... those twister bongs look awesom... home much do they cost to build?

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
how much? depends on how nice and all you want them... they need a deadicated pump, need some type of cylinder, need some base in there, and a hole..... all kinds of stuff, you could do it for real cheap and have it ugly, and make it expencive and have it nice... or do in between and make it nice but not big....

a bong is a simple thing, some people have way over done it. all you need is like 2-3 feet of pvc tubing, a wye, and some sort of rez. cant forget about the LOW cfm fan...

Illah

Here's mine. I went the expensive and nice route :)

waterbong.jpg

--Illah

OP
Cheesy Peas

Cheesy Peas

that loks neato, how much did that cost? what kindof strenght does the pump need to be? will 250gph be sufficient?

Illah

Pump head is more important. I use a danner mag drive, they have a 10' head (can pump 10' high). It's a 375 GPH version. Note cheaper pumps like Via Aqua's can be rated at 375 GPH but only pump a 4' head or something. A pumps GPH rating is caculated at 0', which means it's GPH drop even when just installing fittings and tubing.

--Illah

grim

this takes the place of the radiaor. it cools the water. water is pumped to the top of the bong and through a shower head that sprays the water down a pipe. a Y is put on the pipe so a fan can blow air through it. bongs can cool below ambient temp because the water evaporates.

Molybdym

:eek:
[places hand over his heart]God bless the ingenuity of the pothead(who. . .;) me?)
Thanks for the explination. I may be blowing this out of proportion, but that's pretty friggin cool! Are there any signifiant benefits to this rather than a rad? And I suppose the longer the tube, the better the heat removal is.

utabintarbo

Registered
Molybdym said:
:eek:
[places hand over his heart]God bless the ingenuity of the pothead(who. . .;) me?)
Thanks for the explination. I may be blowing this out of proportion, but that's pretty friggin cool! Are there any signifiant benefits to this rather than a rad? And I suppose the longer the tube, the better the heat removal is.

The major benefit over rads is the possibility of below-ambient coolant temps. How much below is a factor more of relative humidity level and airflow rather than tube size. One of those rare instances where size doesn't matter that much.:D

Bob