• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Boo Yah! I got a new digital camera!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Malpine Walis

Disabled
FinepixS602_m_6.jpg

The new Fuji Finepix S602

duron12.jpg

A Duron 1400 Morgan.

mycellphone.JPG

My cellphone.

Last edited:
OP
M

Malpine Walis

Disabled
I spent $700 USD for it. The top of the duron was originally a 17MB tif file shot in 600 megapixel lemmony goodness. I had to crop it, reduce the resolution by half and then save it to a 30% compressed jpeg to fit it on theforumisdown.

The darn thing has so many buttons an other controls that I am just beginning to get a handle on what it can do. I know that I can have full maunal control of the apeture and exposure time (I sot a pic of under my desk where it is pretty dark at almost one second of exposure time -- It looked like full daylight under there). It has 6x optical zoom and an optiona adapter to add telephoto and wideangle lenses on the front plus standard sized filters.

Basically, this thing rocks!

OP
M

Malpine Walis

Disabled
A 35 mm point and shoot from Pentax. But hardly ever due to the fact that it needed a $12 set of batteries ever four rolls of film.:mad: :mad: :mad:

EmTSea19

Wow, nice digital camera there! I have been looking at the Olympus, but maybe I'll check out the Fuji. I don't have $700 to spend though. I was budgeting around $400. I'll check out the other models and compare them. Have fun with it! :)

SexyNerd

Registered
Where did you get that camera!? I've been looking for a good digital camera, and yours is a nice one! :D

Gabbie!

diggingforgold

I love digicams. Take random pics. Everything looks awesome. Then the ones you dont like, just delete. I'm still satisfied with my el-cheapo sony 2.0MP. But I need a bigger memstick (8MB doesnt cut it lol). Mine does 1600x1200 max, and you can only squeeze a couple of those on 8MB's. What sucks is mine is 100% digital zoom. I wish I had an actual optical zoom.

Anyway- yours looks nice.

ToledoSteel

That does look like a nice camera. I got a 3mp olypus last year before a vacation. Took like 400+pics. I figure the price you save in film alone is worth a digital camera.

OP
M

Malpine Walis

Disabled
SexyNerd said:
Where did you get that camera!? I've been looking for a good digital camera, and yours is a nice one! :D

Gabbie!

I bought it at Ritz Camera. However, there is a bit of a backstory to it. I had about $400 saved towards a camera and I was just beginning to look into what I wanted to buy. Then for my birthday (may 2nd), my GF went out and bought me a digital camera that I just did not care for.*

Between the money I had saved up, the return credit and about another hundred on my part, I had enough to buy this one.

I will post some more pics but I have to find some hosting so I do not kill the site I have been using. I have one pic that I took to test what the camera can do and it came out at 17MB.

*Side note: How do you confuse a seventeen year old? Go to a camera shop and try to find something that is not so tiny that it dissapears in my huge Irish hands.

LilBuddy

i have a sony dscp7 that i got a while back at best buy. still payin for it too. can't beat 18 month financing on somethin so cheap. so i pay $15 a month that i don't miss, and get a good camera!