• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

borderlands expansions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gorsty

Registered
is it worth buying the borderlands expansions for pc. not completed actual game yet but enjoying it.. whats it them more quests? can you reach higher level ?

shard

I picked up the first one, The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned. And I thought it was worth the $10. I havnt played all of the new content yet, but I felt like I got my money's worth.

technojunkie180

I got it today so I'll be able to tell you in a bit. If its anything like the actual game I'd say its worth the 10 bucks. Though apparently the second DLC isn't that great.

iaacp

I'd also like to know. Also, does the DLC scale with your level, or do you need to be a certain level to start it?

technojunkie180

I'd also like to know. Also, does the DLC scale with your level, or do you need to be a certain level to start it?

From what I can tell it scales. I just entered it at lvl 28 and the first monsters I found were lvl 25. So either it scales or its really friggin easy DLC. And in terms of worth I've already laughed like four times and have enjoyed every minute of Zombie Island so I'd say its definitely worth it.

chevro1et

Yea, Zombie Island is pretty fun and funny as well. Scales w. your current level. Really entertaining, worth the $10. Don't think that I will be getting Mad Moxxie's Underdome tho, just doesnt seem to interest me after reading several reviews.

insanemonkey

I bought Mad Moxxies Underdome yesterday, but I only got to play it for about 30 min. So far I like it; it fills a hole in the game play by giving you a place to go were you don't have to wait for enemies to respawn or spend a lot of time traveling. The big down side is the lack of loot. They do give you some stuff at the end of every 5 rounds, but really it was only like 4 items. I was only able to make it to round 3 in the first arena and it was in single player. So maybe the loot gets better as you go along and I bet there is more when you have more people playing. If You were to kill the same number of guys in normal game play you would end up wit a lot more stuff. It doesn't seem like the loot is any less random the normal game play either

I think it would have gone a long way to combat chest farming if they would have given you loot at the end of every mission. The number of enemies seems correct, at least in single player. I never felt like they had an unfair advantage, but it was challenging enough to force me to think about what I was doing. At this point I would say it is worth the $10.

RoC1909

I watched someone on YT do a walkthrough of the Borderlands expansion (Ned) and it looks like a great time. Unfortunately, I am in a bind with money at the moment (just got a new job and unfortunately, the State of California pays it's employees ONCE A MONTH. And I am STILL waiting for my SSI & SSDI checks from when I was ill and dumb *** Social Security must have 'a million monkeys with a million typewriters' creating the checks).

Anyway....sorry for digressing. Again, the expansion looks fun and does have some comedic moments.