• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bought a Leadtek GF2 Ultra. Did I make the right decision?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Len

I'm building a new PC. Just bought a Epox 8k7a DDR mb, 256MB Crucial PC2100, 1.2 Ghz Tbird (hopefully AXIA & unlocked). I also needed a new video card to replace my Geforce 256 SDR. I was uncertain because of rumors of GF3 price cuts. But I need the new card this week. Can't wait any longer. I couldn't decide between getting something cheap like a GF2 GTS for $120 and waiting to see what happens with the GF3 or just getting the Leadtek GF2 Ultra for $244 from newegg.com which I've been considering for a week now. I'm not willing to spend another $100 for the GF3 now (its new and overpriced). I like high res, 32 bit color and lots of eye candy so there is no question the GF2 Ultra can deliver but I'm still uncertain about my decision to buy the Leadtek from newegg.

What do you think?

They're not even taking advantage of all the Ultra offers. You're going to be waiting a while to see any gains with the Geforce 3.

The ultra is a good deal now, for its top-of-the-line performance and features (overclocks like a mofo).

If you can afford it, grab the Ultra. In a year, when the geforce 3 is being utilized, resell the Ultra and put that towards a new g3 (which should cost what the Ultra costs you today).

Buy new every, uh... 12?

Back