• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Brand new GTX 970 FTW+ Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evil-Mobo

What's up guys. Was looking for some insight here as not sue if this is normal. Just finished setting up this new PC last night and started to run some benchmarks with the gear stock. My GPU is hitting 93 degrees max running Firestrike on stock settings and this seems very high to me. I have a brand new EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ ACX 2.0+.

Threw an extra 100+ on the core to try an initial overclock and the FS score came down and the card was throttling because of temps. Something seems off here to me. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:
OP
Evil-Mobo

Evil-Mobo

This time max temp was 73 degrees and to answer your question the max Voltage was 1.212

Screenshot (3).png

OP
Evil-Mobo

Evil-Mobo

That sounds normal, case fan arrangement?

Not sure what happened last night that it hit 93 before bed. Maybe I read the 7 as a 9 lol.

Case fans: (2) 140MM intake front, one 140mm exhaust top, one 120mm exhaust rear and the fans on the DH-14 for the CPU. I am VERY happy with how quiet and cool this PC is running :thup: Thanks to this forum for the info I read on fans and what not.

I'm messing with the clocks now and all is good :)

Just need help on pushing the 860K now :)

OP
Evil-Mobo

Evil-Mobo

No drinking, condition has been acting up for a few days and the insomnia had me up for 48hrs straight went to bed at 3am and then woke up at like 10am today lol.....