• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

brightness adjuster

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stoanhart

hi
my screen is sooooo dark, it sucks. I can adjust the brightness for 2d stuff (windows, etc), but my leadtek doesn't have a d3d/openGL brightness adjuster. When i ran 3dmark 2001 at a friends hous, I saw many things I never knew were in there. This happens with many things. I love games that have very generous brightness adjusters, why can't they all. but they don't. Does anyone know an app that will adjust brightness to 3d apps? please help.

Get into your display properties, color correction tab, and
crank up the Gamma slider a notch or 2 before you run the
game, and I bet it will fix it.
You can also crank up the brightness and contrast some there.

6502kid said:
Get into your display properties, color correction tab, and
crank up the Gamma slider a notch or 2 before you run the
game, and I bet it will fix it.
You can also crank up the brightness and contrast some there.

I've got the same problem as Stoanhart with a lot of games and movies as well. Most of the stuff I can correct by moving the sliders over. But some games like RTCW won't make a difference. Even with the brightness slider all the way to the right in the game as well as in the display properties. I believe it's my cheap monitor that's creating the problem. I've got a View Mate monitor. cheap one. but it's all I can afford for a while yet.

It probably varies some depending upon the game, your
drivers and hardware.

I have been playing with using OpenGL with UT, and it was
too dark.

If I adjusted the brightness or contrast, it just screwed it
up more, but 1 or 2 clicks on the gamma fixed it right up.

It's my monitor for sure. Im getting a new one soon (trading with my friend who never uses his comp). I just wish GF2Ti had sliders for OpenGL/D3D brightness/gamma like the old VooDoo 2's did. Nobody has an app or DX plugin/mod, whatever to add brightness sliders? When I change them in the color correction tab it only effects 2D stuff.

NvMax has color adustment sliders, and a gamma adjustment slider. I've never used them, but they are there. Give it a try, see if it helps.

I'm running a Gainward GF2 Ti450 with drivers version
23.11, and I have the Gamma slider right in the color correction
tab in the display properties.

Use RivaTuner to tweak and OC. (@275/515)

Score just over 5000 3d2001marks....

Back