• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bring back Brick & Mortar computer stores!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ihrsetrdr

Señor Senior Member
I used to shop PC Club, had 3 stores within driving distance for when I absolutely-positively-had-to-have a component right now.

I'm impatiently awaiting 2 different orders that I placed [what seems like] centuries ago, I check Status and it still says "received by shipper'' or "Label created"...for the love of all that's holy, I placed the orders, uh forever ago!
:temper:

JLK03F150

What have I done! Member
I was a big fan of Monarch Computer (their B&M was nearby me) prior to 2006, when they closed & screwed a bunch of online customers. I also spent way too much time in CompUSA stores and Fry's. Thankfully I still have less than 30-minute access to two Micro Center stores in metro Atlanta. :)

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
I've been lucky with Microcenter B&M within 20-25 mins at most where I've lived (Ctown, Cbus, DC Area). There was a CompUSA around me in Ctown as well.

I've been lucky with what I've ordered and, for the most part, things I bought were available and shipped in a timely manner.

Are you ordering from across the globe or something?

OP
ihrsetrdr

ihrsetrdr

Señor Senior Member
Are you ordering from across the globe or something?
No, currently I didn't step in that hole, like a couple times recently. One order(case fans) shipping from Indianapolis, IN, other order(flash drives) shipping from City Of Industry, CA, a 50 mile drive.

Maybe everyone's laid off or quit, nobody to pick and pack, or drive...?