• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bring the text together??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Edward78

Ok this sounds odd I know, I have a message that has lots of space between text & I am just wondering how can I bring it back together?

Headstand

In Word or similar program, go to the replace or find and replace option and in the find box just hit the spacebar twice and leave the replace blank(don't press space or anything). This will remove all the double space areas, but leave the single space between words. If you need proper format for sentences(ie 2 spaces after punctuation) press spacebar 3 times. If it not a catch all, example if you had 35 spaces and did 3 space removal, it will leave 2 blanks.

It will at least make it easier to clean up later. You could do it with 1 space and then go back and insert spaces where needed.

jhanby

In Word or similar program, go to the replace or find and replace option and in the find box just hit the spacebar twice and leave the replace blank(don't press space or anything). This will remove all the double space areas, but leave the single space between words. If you need proper format for sentences(ie 2 spaces after punctuation) press spacebar 3 times. If it not a catch all, example if you had 35 spaces and did 3 space removal, it will leave 2 blanks.

It will at least make it easier to clean up later. You could do it with 1 space and then go back and insert spaces where needed.

this

OP
Edward78

Edward78

The prob. is I have a draft saved in one of me webmails & another company took it over, so the formating is all skrewed up now.

it wes

Text
Text

Now it is

Text

Text

If it was 2 lines no big deal, but it is maybe 20 & going through bring each together manualy is a pain.

Headstand

Go to webmail, click on body of text, CTRL + A, CTRL + C, open MS Word, CTRL + V, CTRL + H, in first block press the space bar 2 times, leave second block blank, press enter.

Not understanding your problem. Give me more info and I can try to help.