• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Broke 1000 on Cinebench!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trents

Been wanting to do this for awhile but 5.0 ghz, though stable in stress testing, wouldn't quite break 1000 and I just could not get 5.1ghz to be stable enough to finish the benchmark. So I tried raising the bclk from 100 to 101 mhz to give me 5.05ghz on the CPU speed and this proved to be stable enough to complete Cinebench and also to break 1000.

Cinebench1002.PNG

Kenrou

Gratz :thup: what are the temps on that puppy with your 38x120mm 4000rpm Delta fans ;)

OP
trents

trents

I didn't check temps during the Cinebench benchmark. From experience, they don't climb nearly as high in Cinebench as they do when stress testing with Prime95, IBT or even AIDA64 Extreme so I didn't check it because I knew I would be safe temp wise. I can tell you that my max temps in AIDA64 Extreme at 5.0ghz on 1.305 vcore are mid 80s Celsius and even then I think that is with the fans on partial throttle. My wife objects to the noise when they are turned up full bore so I don't often do that. And past a certain speed, it doesn't help much anyway.

The Cinebench run at 5.05 ghz was done with a vcore of 1.335. Don't know if that much was actually needed. I just guestimated it and figured it would be a safe amount for a very short time.

Last edited:
OP
trents

trents

I won the silicon lottery for sure with this chip. Just luck of the draw. I read somewhere how you could estimate the percentile of a Haswell with regard to overclocking potential by setting the vcore to 1.25 and seeing how far you could push the multiplier and still boot into Windows. I knew pretty quick I had a good one that was in the 99th percentile or better. I can stress test it till the cows come home at 4.8 ghz on 1.24 vcore, which is what I run it at 24/7.

I should also mention this is a delidded CPU with Liquid Ultra under the hood.