• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Broke 6K 3DMark-03 pts with standard 9700PRO...:)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OP
RichieRuss2000

RichieRuss2000

Registered
It's amazing what you can get by working mainly at the GPU overclock settings...:) If you go to far on the memory you lose loads of points... I was down 2K at one point!

OP
RichieRuss2000

RichieRuss2000

Registered
Cheers buddy, Was looking at your scores very nice! Though you may be able to push the GPU slightly further... That's give you the bonus points your looking for...:)

Do you think my extra 512MB of RAM is holding me back both in terms of total FSB overclock I guess this is why you score higher on CPU score even though I have a very slightly slower clock. I also don't use a Win swap file though that shouldn't make a difference? Perhaps I get better fill rates with duel DDR?

You seem to gain some points on the audio which is strange considering the similarity of the systems - What drivers are you using?

Cheers RichieR

OP
RichieRuss2000

RichieRuss2000

Registered
You won't be dissapointed...:) I left Nvidia for now perhaps I'll go back again if they move to 256Bit Mem bus and stop cheating...:)

What are you changing from?

Slaught

How do u get the ram up to those speeds?

Is it standard 2.8ns ram?

I thought that the limit for 2.8ns is 350mhz (sdr)?
I can push mine to about 345 - 348, but after that i get severe screen corruption, although i have no heatsinks or anything on them at the moment...

IR1

My 9700 pro tops out at around 400/355. That is with my AMD heatsink mod. This overclock is with my pci/agp bus out of spec. I run a 185fsb, and I find that I get artifacts sooner at a higher bus speed when overclocking my 9700pro.

I need locked PCI/AGP.

Anyway I score 5550. Anything past 360 on the memory and I start to get artifacts.

OP
RichieRuss2000

RichieRuss2000

Registered
I have a standard Hercules Prophet 9700PRO card that comes with front and rear copper heatsinks on the Memory and GPU.

The only additional cooling is a PCI vent that sits directly below the GPU venting air out the PCI slot... The card will clock much higher however you introduce errors that take points away from 3DMark-03 and it is rock stable at these settings...

I did take a picture of the a card and will post ASAP...

Cheers RichieR

OP
RichieRuss2000

RichieRuss2000

Registered
Pic of Hercules 9700PRo

I have a picture of the front of the card however the rear has similar copper heatsinks all over it...:) Guess this allows the extra overclocking...

How do I post the picture?

Cheers RichieR