• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

broke ANOTHER panaflo....what next?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bixit_62

hey all.
well i recently bought a panaflo h1bx 92mm, to replace the panaflo m1a that i stupidly managed to get my thumb stuck into and it broke a fin off.
now i managed to stick my thumb into this new panaflo too.......it hurt, but i managed to break ANOTHER £8 fan (thats about $14).
ive got my 'backup' tornado on there and its not running too bad, just below 7v and its running at 30 idle, similar to what the h1bx was doing except it obv needs more volts to sustain that kinda temp at load.
what im wondering is.
does anybody know of a shop or e-tailer that sells panaflo h1bx 92mm fans in the uk, or ships to the uk?
or does anyone know of any other kinda fan that offers a similar performance (around 50cfms at 30dba)
thanx.

i bought my panaflo fans from here:
http://www.dorothybradbury.co.uk/

it's only a little place, pretty decent prices, and excellent customer service

i had a problem with a fan vibrating a bit more than usual, and dorothy sent me a replacement the very next day

the other one has been gutted and is being used as a duct!!
ive tried using a grille, every time i tell myself im gna use a grille, i always forget, or i take the fan off once to clean the heatsink, and i forget to put the grille back on.
this totally takes the ****.
@Pyro, thats where i bought the h1bx from!but she/they dont have any of them left, they arent advertised anymore, and thats the fan i want!
does anyone know if the coolermaster 92mm case fan advertised over at 'www.thecoolingshop.co.uk' under fans>92mm fans is any good?

what next?....

Well seems how youve busted two panaflos, maybe it time to try out another brand. Maybe a low powered delta fan would do you some good seems how they are pretty hard to break with your fingers. As said, usually its the delta doing the breaking, so protect your fingers.

You've messed up your finger twice. There’s a lesson to be learned, and my advice is this: Does not matter what fan brand you buy, stop sticking your fingers in fans. Something has got to give, your finger, the fan or even both. Thus, buy a fan and don't stick your finger in it, Panaflo's work fine under normal circumstances, fingers aren’t normal.

I'm dead scared of my 120mm Panaflo spinning at just about 3k RPM...im actually so scared that i keep myself aware of where my fingers are at, any other smaller fan i usually wind up getting caught.

You know you dont need to stick your finger in the fan to see if its running. Its spins! :eek: Therefor it works!

lol.
i know that, what i was doing, rather stupidly was trying to remove a fan from the back of the case,and it uses those pathetic plastic pop rivets and it got stuck, so i tugged on the fan......finger in panaflo......and theres the rest.
is there any way that i could perhaps take the blade thingy off that fan and use one from another fan on it?!
i cant figure out how to remove it off of a panaflo, its not like a normal fan!

Back