• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

broken 2.53 ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hard|{ore

ok i feel dumb askign this but here goes:

two days ago me and my roomate bought a p4 2.53, while installing it he had it rotated 180 degreez to the right and ended up breaking two of the pins, is there any way i can make the processor work now?

krag

Classifieds Moderator
If they are bent all you need to do is get a credit card and wiggle it in between them to straighten the pins back out. Go slow and be real carefull. But...if they are snapped off...you're up a creek without a paddle. Unless you could take it to a jewler and have him solder them back.

SmellyDraws

Registered
I think you mean "bent". Or at least I hope so. When I was installing mine I bent 4 of the pins but straightened them back with a credit card. If they are broke you must have been trying to installing the thing the wrong way then used a hammer.

OP
H

Hard|{ore

no it was just turned 180 degrees to the right so i put 2 pins into the plastic, and when it snapped down it pused em in, then when i took the chip off the pins stayed in the plastic and broke off the processor:mad: :argue:

Rave

Registered
I broke a pin off my p3 1ghz. I transported in and a couple of pin's bent so I tried to straighten them and one snapped! Not working anymore. So I convinced my wife I needed a new PC yay! But to do that to a P4 2.53 NOOOO!

SmellyDraws

Registered
you could take it to a jewler and if they do not do it than maybe you can sell it as is for like 50 dollars or something to someone willing to make it their own project to fix it.

I am sorry to hear bout that. I would be sick if that happened to me, especially since I am broke.