• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Broken function on my webpage...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
This is supposed to make an informative popup appear when links are clicked. It worked when I had only two, but now with four, none of them work. I don't know HTML, so if anybody has advice.....

function myPopUp(distro)

{

NewInfo = "This is a remaster of the pre-realeased Knoppix 3.7 Welt edition. 2.6.7 and 2.4.27 kernels. It has been apt-upgraded to the Debian SID (unstable) distribution (last update was 12-06-04). Overclockix 3.7 features customized desktops for KDE (3.3.1) and the usual alternate WM's from Knoppix. It is an excellent Linux demo. This iso can be installed easily using knoppix-installer script. I've tried to correct some of the typical Knoppix menu duplicity, and have included some useful system utilites as well as some of my favorite open source software. Overclockix runs <a href=http://folding.stanford.edu>Folding@home</a> as a background service (now using wine), so don't be surprised to see your CPU useage at 100%. It is a low priority process and will not cause loss of performance no any harm to your hardware. Also features new knoppix firewall, as well as amule, gftp, firefox, vlc, mplayer, bibletime, superkaramba, prime95, setiathome, bittornado, and many more!";

LTSPInfo = "This is a customization of Knoppix 3.4 specifically meant for LTSP and Folding@home. It can be installed to a 2GB+ hard drive via Knoppix installer scripts. Overclockix's developers are proud to support Stanford Universitiy's Folding@home project in all of the iso's, this one especially. The primary use for this release is as a terminal server to easily PXE-boot diskless clients on a network, which will proceed to automagically launch [email protected] the windows client and wine. New features such as easier management, documentation, a folding@home monitor theme for superkaramba have made it into the 2.1 release. -LTSP by overdoze";

38Info = "3.8 is the newest stable release of Overclockix. This is a remaster of the unofficial Knoppix 3.8 Cebit edition. Features 2.6.11 with unionfs. It has been apt-upgraded to the Debian SID (unstable) distribution (last update was 04-06-05). Overclockix 3.8 features customized desktops for KDE (3.4.0) and the usual alternate WM's from Knoppix. It is an excellent Linux demo. This iso can be installed easily using knoppix-installer script. I've have included some useful system utilites as well as some of my favorite open source software. Overclockix runs <a href=http://folding.stanford.edu>Folding@home</a> as a background service (Linux client), so don't be surprised to see your CPU useage at 100%. It is a low priority process and will not cause loss of performance no any harm to your hardware. Also included chntpasswd, gftp, firefox, thunderbird, vlc, mplayer, bibletime, superkaramba, prime95, boinc, bittornado, and many more!";

OldInfo = "3.4_V3 is still widely acclaimed. 3.4 is the most-tweaked version of Overclockix, and only version to include the Gnome desktop as a boot option. 2.6.1 and 2.4.23 kernels and the iso is based on the 3.4 Cebit edition of Knoppix. Last upgraded to SID in July '04.

myWindow = window.open('','','toolbar=0,scrollbars=0,location=0,statusbar=0,menubar=0,resizable=0,width=450,height=400');

myWindow.document.write('<html><head><body bgcolor="#999999" text="#000000"><title>' + distro + '</title></head>');

if(distro=='New') {

myWindow.document.write('<b>New Overclockix 3.4 Information</b><br>');

myWindow.document.write(NewInfo);

}

else if(distro=='LTSP') {

myWindow.document.write('<b>Overclockix LTSP V2.1 Information</b><br>');

myWindow.document.write(LTSPInfo);

}

else if(distro=='38') {

myWindow.document.write('<b>Overclockix 3.8 Information</b><br>');

myWindow.document.write(38Info);

}

else if(distro=='Old') {

myWindow.document.write('<b>Overclockix 3.4 Information</b><br>');

myWindow.document.write(OldInfo);

}

myWindow.document.write('</body></html>');
}

Last edited:
While that appears to be correct, and I've edited it, the function still doesn't work.

The oldInfo line is missing a "; at the end as well. Unfortunatly, I've tried that and it didn't work.

I've tried this and it works. Make a small html file of each distro and in the link open that file. So instead of onclick="myPopUp('New')" do something like onClick="window.open('new.htm','mywindow','width=400,height=200')". And you wouldn't have to use all that javascript at the top of the page.

Back