• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Broken game or broken brain? World of tanks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kamran

I was playing World of tanks, I'm not sure if My skills are the problem are mechanics, I see a lot of mixed reviews about mechanics. many say the people who don't know how to play only say that, many say that the game has problems

I was wondering, Is it the game that is not good or balanced, or my skills? I'm a little confused, sometimes weird things happen. For example One day I get ace tanker and only get class I and up. the other day? only lose with 5000 credits. not even enough to repair my tank! everything just feels weird.

Anyone else played this game :? Can they tell me if this game is really broken? because I was planning to get some gold. but if it's really broken it's not worth it!

BugFreak

I no longer play World of Tanks but I do play World of Warships by the same people. While skill surely plays a role, they are constantly tweaking their games and changing the mechanics of one ship/tank or another so one day you will dominate with one while the next it seems like it is made of paper and can't kill anything. In my opinion they listen to the complainers on the forums too much so they are constantly changing something that ruins the balance, then they go back and change it again. Give it some time, it will change again. Until then try a different tank to see how other ones play.

OP
kamran

kamran

I mean literally a day! The day before this post I got ace tanker but the day I posted this I couldn't get my daily 2x! But chaffee is also very team dependent. And also it's net dependent a little xD

Alaric

I gave up on WoT when the lag was measured in seconds , double digit seconds. WoWS seems to be OK. WoT seems more popular than ever , though , so maybe it's just the NA server.

john240sx

Credit income is greatly dependent on what you did. Damage to tanks lower tier then you earn less credits then damage to higher tier tanks. Also if you are damaging tanks someone else is spotting (sniping from a long distance for instance) the person spotting them gets a share of your credits/xp. Knocking tracks of tanks works like spotting for sharing credits as well, whoever knocked the tracks off gets a share of credits and xp. One of the biggest causes for low credit income if missing/bouncing shots, when your shells cost over 1k each a few misses really starts to cut into your profits. Same with premium ammo, a few shots of premium ammo will typically eat up all your profits.

Getting mastery badges goes off a rolling week of matches in that tank. For example, 1200 xp could be an Ace match in the IS3 today but tommorow that xp limit might be up to 1230. It all depends on how good/bad people have done in said tank in the past week.