• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Broken lines pcb-VGA card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

poxon

Registered
Is it possible to fix broken lines(few of them on back side,not so crowded),when i say broken i mean hmmmm cut in line with something sharp,its not deep so i think it didnt penetrate to other layers of pcb. Card is working but displays strange shapes and colors and cant enter windows normal it can only go to safe mode(with all those shapes and colors-they are something like when capacitor is problem)... Got this card from friend he didnt want even to try,so wanted just to ask if some1 know is it even possible?
Thanks in advance!

torin3

Hmmmm nice,nice,thanks. It can be used with slim lines? Like 1mm?

If it winds up being too wide, get some electrical tape and mask off everything you don't want it to touch, and then apply it. Peel the tape off when it is dry, and move on to the next trace.

OP
P

poxon

Registered
If it winds up being too wide, get some electrical tape and mask off everything you don't want it to touch, and then apply it. Peel the tape off when it is dry, and move on to the next trace.

How did i forget that... Like i was making some amateur pcb,well im a bit tired and sleepy xD 1 more question,can i use silver conductive paint,only thing i could find atm(welcome to serbia xD)?

Diggrr

Underwater Senior Member
Yes, same thing. Easier actually because you can use a really fine brush to paint it on with.

OP
P

poxon

Registered
Thanks guys. Really starting to like this forum,bunch of cool people :) Guess I will stick around here :) Will update you how it went! Thanks again to all!

torin3

Whoops...sorry, forgot to say:
:welcome: to OC Forums!

Hope you enjoy your stay!
:thup::clap:

Diggrr

Underwater Senior Member
We always like to welcome new friends!

I forgot to mention one thing with repairing the trace--it helps to carefully remove the colored coating off of the metallic traces to be repaired by scraping them down to clean copper with a very fine knife edge, like a razor knife or an x-acto hobby knife.
This makes for better contact between the silver paint and the metallic trace being repaired.
Just a couple of millimeters is all that's needed to be cleaned off, and only enough to reveal the bare metal underneath the color coating.

Good Luck!

OP
P

poxon

Registered
We always like to welcome new friends!

I forgot to mention one thing with repairing the trace--it helps to carefully remove the colored coating off of the metallic traces to be repaired by scraping them down to clean copper with a very fine knife edge, like a razor knife or an x-acto hobby knife.
This makes for better contact between the silver paint and the metallic trace being repaired.
Just a couple of millimeters is all that's needed to be cleaned off, and only enough to reveal the bare metal underneath the color coating.

Good Luck!

Ok,thanks!! Just wanted to ask that :) Like i said will tell u did it work,going to buy that silver now :)