• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Browser Securities?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IFMU

The Xtreme Senior Nobody
Ok, I know just asking this is off MS, secure? lol

I am curious, what is the most secure browser? I use Opera as my defualt browser, but if I go to purchase online or browse my checking/credit accounts, I typically use IE. I do run with the newest patches etc.

What I am curious about is, is Opera just as, more than or less then secure for viewing these sites then others?

I presently run Opera 6.3 or something close to that. I dont really like the latest release (7.? something?) too much, but I do like this one (6.something).

lostshoe420

I use Mozilla, and I like the tabbed windows feature amongst other things. I'm going to try out their new "Firebird" browser, but I don't know much about the security of it. Sorry.

drshivas

Sith Lord
You are safe. It reads Verisign tickets just like IE, displays the little padlock and uses SSL 128bit encryption (if the site supports it).

I've been using Mozilla and recently Mozilla Firebird for all sorts of online transactions. In fact, I just bought something off of Amazon with using Firebird.

Mozilla actually has a highly configrable privacy manager in the preferences/options. Check it out!