• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BSEL mod on Q6600\now need new motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

QuickFast

First, I want to start off by saying Hello and I love this website. I haven't read this much in 40+ years. I did BSEL mod on my Q6600 it was supposed to mod to 233 to 400 but only went to 333, but no biggie. It let me get past 3.1 ghz without sata ports going out and it worked. So, I was only able to get to 3.4 ghz the reason why I wanted it to overclock was to get over 5000 on 3Dmark11 and I got it :clap: Oh forgot to say I got an HD 6950 .
Now about my motherboard. After hitting over 5000 on 3Dmark11, wanted to see if 3.4 ghz was stable so I ran prime 95 small ff, failed. I bumped up the voltage to 10% ( motherboard biostar G31-m7 TE) it failed. Then I bumped it up to 15% and ran blend first on prime 95, all was good. After that I ran small ff for a few minutes I heard a POP and PC shut down,:confused: Tried to re-boot without any luck, clear bios, still no luck on booting. Removed the motherboard, it looked fried. Hoping CPU is still good. Looking for a new motherboard interested in MSI G31TM-P21 it looks as if it has overclock capability. Please help with any suggestions on motherboards in that price range. Any information would be helpful as to why the motherboard fried.

P.S.
This site :attn:

Last edited:
:welcome: lol, :)

Just to help the others and stuff make a signiture on your posts with the full specs for your system :) Im no big techie but this is all I can offer (make a signiture : FORUMS > user cp > Edit signiture > Show off time!

I would recommend a P35 or a P45 based board if you intend to OC your processor with any degree of stabillity. If your going to change motherboards you might as well use something that will give you good results. There are tons of boards on Ebay and our classified section (can't use till you get 100+ posts).

Back