• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[BUG] EVGA 650 Ti no input on Mini HDMI. Unable to get 2d surround to work.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blamauci

Registered
Hello everyone,

Just a quick question.

I am running into a weird issue,

Today I bought 1 new monitor for a total of 3.

I am using a EVGA 650 Ti 2GB which has 3 outputs: 2x DVI(1 of them is single link) and 1 Mini HDMI port.

Situation before: 2 monitors. 1 x 19 inch LG LCD monitor @ 1366x768(VGA via Single link DVI-VGA plug that came with videocard) and 1x Samsung SA300 24 inch(1920x1080@60FPS via Dual Link DVI)

So today I got this new Philips 24 inch monitor and tried to hook it up.(Mini-HDMI-HDMI cable into the monitor and videocard)

As far as I can find the Nvidia 650 Ti should be able to support 3 monitors and doesnt need any more videocards to support that it's kepler architecture after all...

well figures it's not at all that easy. I turn on the philips monitor and the first thing im greeted with is a nice no signal notice, followed by a going to sleep mode notice and the monitor turns to sleep mode in about a second.

So here comes the investigation. I grab the manual and try to fiddle with the OSD, figures of course there is no signal so I cannot get into the OSD's full menu... it only allows me to get into the language selection. So I quickly unplug the VGA cable from the LG monitor, and plug it in the new philips monitor. Guess what it instantly turns on, does it's auto setup and corrections and it works fine.

The issue is quite simple somehow my monitor and videocard doesn't seem to realize that there is a hdmi cable plugged in. therefore no signal...

What to do. I just want to extend the desktops to all 3 monitors. This is quite important for me.

I need as much screen real estate I can get for livestreaming and being able to do all my music on my third monitor while my twitch dashboard would be on the second monitor and the game I would be streaming on my primary monitor is my goal.
Supposedly my videocard should support it but alas I cannot figure it out.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

If anyone knows something I would love to hear about it.

Greetingsfrom holland,

Did you go to "Set Up Multiple Displays" in the NVidia Control Panel and cut on the monitor?

if im not mistaken the dvi and one of the hdmi output are sometimes the same output. so it might not even be possible.

try to unplug the monitor from the dvi plug that is right above it and see if it works on hdmi then if this happens then the link is shared the hdmi port is basically a built in adapter.

Did you go to "Set Up Multiple Displays" in the NVidia Control Panel and cut on the monitor?

I tried but as I have stated the monitor doesn't get found. It doesn't get listed as being connected by either the windows 8.1 monitor set up nor the Nvidia control panel when connected as mini-hdmi-hdmi

did you try to unplug the one dvi monitor and see if the hdmi works then?!

did you try to unplug the one dvi monitor and see if the hdmi works then?!

I just did. I think the Mini-HDMI to HDMI cable might be at fault since it just didnt get recognized even when there was only 1 dvi connected. I will go to the retailer I got that cable tomorrow as it's almost midnight here right now and try to exchange it for another one or get my money back.

which dvi did you unplug? for simplicity's sake unplug both dvi's and reboot the computer with just hdmi plugged in.

which dvi did you unplug? for simplicity's sake unplug both dvi's and reboot the computer with just hdmi plugged in.

Alright did that. Cable gave no video even when it was the only one plugged in. So the Mini-HDMI to HDMI cable is not working or faulty.

I ordered a new one. will be there on wednesday since my retailer did not want to exchange it even when I did have the receipt and stuff. They did not believe me in saying it was faulty. So **** them never going there again in my life.

I did however buy another Philips 24 inch monitor today to make sure I have 3 monitors of the same resolution so when my new cable comes in the mail the 2D surround will be at the optimal resolution.

Currently I tried again with the new monitor.(works fine on DVI, but if I try the Mini HDMI-HDMI cable on it, it refuses to work.(no signal check signal cable)

978e585fe5.png

b414264ef5.jpg

Currently 3rd monitor is plugged in with Mini-HDMI to HDMI cable but no life in it. 3rd monitor is exact same make and model as the Philips one in the picture. picked it up today.

Edit: Disregard that 3rd pic.... its no where in the post... I accidentally added a wrong screencap and now it wont go away....

Attachments

• c28e3c6836.png
    c28e3c6836.png
    78.7 KB · Views: 384
Last edited:
Back