• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Build log: Dual SR2 360 rads in Lian Li PC-O11 (in progress)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Doesn't mounting the power supply sideways block air flow to the top of it?

The side chamber is designed in such a way that it doesn't hinder the airflow. The side panel has perforations, both towards the PSU side and in line with the side fans towards the front of the case. So fresh air comes in and is expelled straight out of the back of the PSU. Picture of expanded case, grabbed from Lian Li's website:

View attachment 208811

tommycarl1, I just sent you a PM. For others wondering, I bought the magnets from a webstore in Norway: https://supermagneter.no/
They only ship to the Nordic countries; Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland.

Sorry to necro this old thread. But that magnet mounting is something I’d like to do in my next build (same case). You listed the site but do you have any info regarding which size screw magnet is needed for this?

Last edited:
Hey, I have a quick question.

From what I have read on other places, the Dynamic XL isn't supposed to have enough clearence for a thick radiator at the top slot, since the radiator + fans would go past the VRM and IO cover. But it doesn't seem like a problem for you, did you do some kind of mod or do I just have the wrong information?

I'm planning a build with the Dynamic XL, Aurous x570 pro and Black ice nemesis GTX 360. Almost the same stuff you have in terms of measurements. And watching your build tells me that shouldn't be a problem. Am I missing something?

I'd you look in the 3rd pic of post #23 you'll see the top rad is offset towards the left side of the case. This allows plenty of clearance to the mobo VRM heatsinks.

Sorry to necro this old thread. But that magnet mounting is something I’d like to do in my next build (same case). You listed the site but do you have any info regarding which size screw magnet is needed for this?

Thanks for bumping my old thread :). Looking through my emails from a year ago, I see that I ordered these magnets. Their website specifies a diameter of the hole at 6mm, tapering to 3mm. The whole magnet is a diameter of 12mm with a height of 5mm. If you're mounting an Aquaero unit like I did, I believe the mounting screws are 3mm (M3). I can't remember at the top of my head if the screws were included with the Aquaero, or if I had to get them separately. You have to make sure they are countersink screws, though, so the heads don't protrude.

Last edited:
Hey, I have a quick question.

From what I have read on other places, the Dynamic XL isn't supposed to have enough clearence for a thick radiator at the top slot, since the radiator + fans would go past the VRM and IO cover. But it doesn't seem like a problem for you, did you do some kind of mod or do I just have the wrong information?

I'm planning a build with the Dynamic XL, Aurous x570 pro and Black ice nemesis GTX 360. Almost the same stuff you have in terms of measurements. And watching your build tells me that shouldn't be a problem. Am I missing something?

I'd you look in the 3rd pic of post #23 you'll see the top rad is offset towards the left side of the case. This allows plenty of clearance to the mobo VRM heatsinks.

@kablash: I can't speak for the XL case, but beware that I used the regular O11 Dynamic in this build, not the XL version. I don't know if they changed the height of the top section or if it's similar to my case. The Nemesis GTX 360 also seems to be a little bit thinner than the SR2 rad I used (54mm vs 60mm).

@Blaylock & @kablash: The picture in post #23 is somewhat misleading. The bottom edge of the top fans are actually sitting only 3, maybe 4 mm above the upper edge of the VRM heatsinks. Any lower and it would have collided. Take a look at the second picture in the same post to see the tiny gap between radiator and heatsink. The top radiator is indeed offset, but relatively to the bottom radiator it is offset towards the motherboard side rather than towards the glass side panel. Before installing the radiator, I also plugged the two radiator ports facing upwards against the case roof with countersunk plugs (separate thread), which helped shave off 3 mm of unwanted radiator thickness. Using a regular radiator with ports only on one side (i.e Nemesis GTX) will at least bypass the problem of protruding plugs.

Last edited:
Back