• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Build Log] TT Core P5 6950X Custom Loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, seems its not required or helpful there in that (limited) testing at 4K. I would still use it just because Im a sucker, but, so far it doesn't help at all from what i have seen.

So close to being 100% done... Just need to get the cathode to light up the res and one more strip of rgb lighting... Also, I worked out the issues I was having with the sudden power outages during bechmarking. It was a very dumb cause and I am ashamed :( hehe. Anyways here she is at the moment:
IMG_5802.jpg IMG_5803.jpg IMG_5805.jpg IMG_5806.jpg IMG_5810.jpg

Still looking good!

..so, what happenend........? :)

It ended up being a combination of a few different simultaneous factors, which is why I was not sure what was going on. I started off by redoing the overclocks and spending more time getting better stability. That helped a lot and was causing crashes, but the dumb thing and the cause of the power failure during benchmarking was that I had plugged the system into a outlet in the top of my desk. I forgot that I had that outlet running through a UPS powering one of my other PCs. When my other PC goes to sleep it cuts the power to everything plugged in to it. It just happens that I have that PC set to sleep right about the same time as it takes me to get my video card settings tweeked and run 3Dmark a few times... So yeah, that was dumb...

awesome build!!!!!!
glad the 3m riser cables worked for you also.

Yeah, I had the issues with the TT cables and then ended up ordering the 3M's. Once I ordered them I got the other cables to work. If I made them curve as gradual as possible it would work just fine. I ended up sticking with the 3M cables becuase I don't want to have to worry about breathing on my system too hard and having issues again. I got the 3M's for only $70.00 a piece! Yeah!

Last edited:
Did the PCI-E extender work for you? GPU was much less stable, if I even thought about overclocking it would crash. So went back to direct mounting and no more issues.

EDIT: Just read that you used some others, I wish I could have seen my loop in action on my card but if an alternative is 70 bucks I'll have to not worry about it.

Finally got a EVGA HB bridge to complete this project. I was very excited to see the EVGA box outside my door. I opened it up and went to put the bridge on... Crap! It was too big to fit with the EK SLI terminal block! I took off the grey frame piece and it fit just fine though. It didn't look complete without that piece so I ended up cutting it to fit. I don't think you can even tell the side piece is missing.

I had a couple of ribbon SLI bridges on it for a while now. The ribbon bridges worked great and so far I have not measured any improvement with the HB bridge. It does look nice though. IMG_6013.jpg IMG_6020.jpg IMG_6021.jpg IMG_6024.jpg

Did the PCI-E extender work for you? GPU was much less stable, if I even thought about overclocking it would crash. So went back to direct mounting and no more issues.

EDIT: Just read that you used some others, I wish I could have seen my loop in action on my card but if an alternative is 70 bucks I'll have to not worry about it.

Yeah, the only solid solution I could find was the expensive 3M cables. Thermaltake did send me 3 new riser cables, but I did not end up using them. They a little shorter versions of the exact same cable. Too unstable for me.

Back