• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building a Computer need to know if this config will fit and work together

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

syferfyre

I am going to order parts off of amazon to build a custom computer. This is my first computer that i will build. I need to know if these computer parts will fit together and work.

Western Digital Caviar Green 2 TB SATA III Intellipower 64 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive - WD20EARX

ASUS PCI 5.1 Channel Sound Card XONAR_DG

Corsair Enthusiast Series 650-Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certified Power Supply Compatible with Intel Core i3, i5, i7 and AMD platforms - CMPSU-650TXV2

EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Superclocked 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card - Lifetime Warranty 01G-P3-1563-AR

Cooler Master Elite Mid Tower Case, RC-310-BWN1-GP (Blue)

Logitech Keyboard K120

Corsair Dominator 4 GB PC3-12800 1600Mhz Dual Channel Core i3, i5, i7 DDR3 CAS 8 Memory Kit CMP4GX3M2A1600C8

Viewsonic VX2450WM-LED 24-Inch (23.6-Inch Vis) Widescreen LED Monitor with Full HD 1080p and Speakers - Black

Lite-On LightScribe 24X SATA DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive IHAS424-98 - Retail (Black)

ASUS LGA 1155 SATA 6Gbps USB 3.0 Supported Intel Z68 ATX DDR3 2400 Motherboards P8Z68-V PRO

Intel Core i7-2600K Processor 3.4GHz 8 MB Cache Socket LGA1155

Looks good. Just one thing, that case is not really the best. You got some great components its always a good idea to put them in a good case.

Also I beleive that HDD is a 5400rpm drive, kinda slow imo. You would be better off getting a caviar black/blue.

Greens are painfully slow. Western Digital expressly recommends against using them as your install drive for an operating system. They're for enterprise archive storage type use.
Get a Black as Pwnmachine suggested or, a Samsung Spinpoint F3.
Also for the price of the 4GB dominators you could get 8GB of Gskill, same voltage and cas latency. The Doms are more for people who want to tweak and oc the ram as they usually use higher bin chips.

You can probably get better prices at www.newegg.com

I would suggest getting a ssd for your computer then loading the os on that (or use a 32gb ssd for intels smart response technology) then you can if you want keep the wd green, the sound card is not needed unless you have some very high quality headphones/speakers, your an audiophile, or the mobo doesn't have what you need, the case i would recommend would be either the coolmaster x (my fav) (any of the haf series) the nzxt phantom, the lanboy air, level 10 gt, coolmaster sniper, the Thermaltake Chaser MK-I Tower(my fav). Any of these are good if you are on a budget which i dont think you are on go for a rosewill case on newegg, or the antec 300 illusion. (if your going to go and do water cooling go for the Corsair 800D)

SPARKLE Calibre Series X560 Ti DF GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) this is the fastest factory clocked card out right now in the 560ti series so this is what i would get

I think buying a card based on the clocks is a waste of $ as you can achieve these same clocks yourself in two minutes once you get the card home.

I think 560Ti is no longer a sound purchase in terms of return on $. When the 560Ti and 6870 were priced similarly, the 560 was better due to CUDA support and slightly better 3D performance. Now, though, with the 6870 available for 140 or 150 if you look around, compared to over 200 for a 560Ti, it's definitely worth paying $50 less to only lose 5 or 10% performance. That's just my opinion.

http://www.frys.com/product/6815106?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

http://www.frys.com/product/6508093?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
^
Frys, cheapest 560Ti and 6870 as of 10/10/11

I think buying a card based on the clocks is a waste of $ as you can achieve these same clocks yourself in two minutes once you get the card home.

I think 560Ti is no longer a sound purchase in terms of return on $. When the 560Ti and 6870 were priced similarly, the 560 was better due to CUDA support and slightly better 3D performance. Now, though, with the 6870 available for 140 or 150 if you look around, compared to over 200 for a 560Ti, it's definitely worth paying $50 less to only lose 5 or 10% performance. That's just my opinion.

http://www.frys.com/product/6815106?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

http://www.frys.com/product/6508093?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
^
Frys, cheapest 560Ti and 6870 as of 10/10/11

yea i deleted the comment after some further research i got my client that same card he loves it running 150+ fps on minecraft lol

Back