• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building new server!! Final checklist! Please help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
touser, i just want to add that i guess that u already bought the parts and stuff, and wouldnt get any money back by spending less, but....

I agree with Stinkybastage 100%, AMD servers are just as good, arguably on many occasions better, than Intel p4 Xeon servers, and would cost well less than 1/2 the price. either your company would love u for saving a bunch of loot, or u could trick it out to the max and still remain nicely in budget if u did the AMD server solution.

stinky's server is badass, and anand at anandtech really loves his AMD servers, he runs almost the whole site off of them.

and Skip runs this forum off of a dual XP2000+(?maybe 1800) AMD, and i highly doubt anything you could throw at that new server could compare to the load these forums put on the forums server.

just my 2cents, otherwise your lookin damn good. i dont know about the mobo because i dont know nothing about intel server boards, but if its ATX than u should be fine.
and if the PSU gives u trouble, get one of those dual PC P&C server PSU's.
PC P&C really does bar none make the absolute best PSU's available period.

good luck man,
-Malakai

Someone might of suggested this but get the best aluminium heatsink trays or what ever they call it for your SCSI drives so you can keep it as cool as possible, and make sure you upgrade your fans w/ delta 80mm which is standard for most cases good luck =)

Back