• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building on a tight budget D:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well im leaning towards the AsRock :D, hopefully everything will work allright haha, the Extreme 4 seems to have a problem fitting the CM Hyperm 212 EVO, conflicting with the ram space or something, do you guys have any personal experience with it?

and the other little thing is the case is a CM Storm Trooper, would the Extreme 4 being 1 inch shorter complicate in any way installing it the case? :D

The extreme 4 should fit fine, the only thing the far edge probably will not be supported by stand offs, when you plug in your big power connector just stick your finger under the board and support it, that's what i've done in each of the builds using the extreme 4 and it works fine.

I'm not sure on ram clearance...on the few builds i've done we used the samsung ram so no issues, my build has the big corsair vengeance but also corsair water cooling...

Here's a thread i found talking about ram clearance with a 212+:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1256475/clearance-q-hyper-212-plus-asrock-z77-extreme4-4-dimms

What do you guyst think of the GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H ?

G.skill and 3770k are on its way :D and i think ill settle up with the UD5H! ill post some pictures when i get the parts ready for building :D

Back