• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building system around spare p3-1000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overload

I have a spare p3 1GHz 100Mhz bus socket370 lying around that I would like to build a system around. However I am finding it difficult to find a good motherboad for this cpu. I want a highly overclockable one, probably 440bx based. I also have some PC150 to use for this "project". Can anyone offer some suggestions on a motherboard and where I might look to find one. thanks

David

Forums Super Moderator
I dont know how far you will get with that CPU. If its a Coppermine CPU (which I think it is) I dont think it will go far past 1.1GHz, as I am sure at one point intel had to recall the 1.13Ghz P3s.

CrystalMethod

Senior Band Wagon Jumper
David said:
I dont know how far you will get with that CPU. If its a Coppermine CPU (which I think it is) I dont think it will go far past 1.1GHz, as I am sure at one point intel had to recall the 1.13Ghz P3s.

I'm not so sure about that. It's usually the motherboard that was the problem with the CuMine PIII's (no AGP/PCI lock). Since the CPU is the 100Mhz variety, he actually might get pretty far with it. Problem is finding a board for it. Might wanna check Here, for reference. The Abit's and Asus boards were the best out of the bunch for OC'ing the CuMine PIII's and Cellys.