• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BULL SH** FLAG!! (KT7A-Raid)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mxthanatos

I was recently sold a KT7A-Raid evaluation board... The place I purchased it from said that all of the new bios flashes have the evaluation rom - not for sale stamp on them.... example: (K7_wz.b03) EVALUATION ROM - NOT FOR SALE N E one else have this on their boards...curious to see if it is true..... All Your Base Are Belong To Us

Your KT7A-RAID is okay, it just came with the BETA bios already installed... you can flash bios version WW back onto the board and it won't say "For evaluation" anymore.... no biggie!

Jay

mxthanatos (Feb 22, 2001 02:46 p.m.):
I was recently sold a KT7A-Raid evaluation board... The place I purchased it from said that all of the new bios flashes have the evaluation rom - not for sale stamp on them.... example: (K7_wz.b03) EVALUATION ROM - NOT FOR SALE N E one else have this on their boards...curious to see if it is true..... All Your Base Are Belong To Us

You can save the old BIOS version during the flash to new BIOS. Then if there are features missing on the new board you can flash back to the old and you will have these "evaluation" features.

Mine says the same thing all the beta bios's say this. You can update to latest bios WZ final an it will eliminate this. But I prefer the wzb01,it overclocks better an is more stable than the later bios's.

Back