• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bunch of GPU's to test, But which one?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M@rk

As the title says, I got a bunch of GPU's but i dont know which one (or two, or three...) to test.
Here is the GPU's i have :
Nvidia GT 9400
Nvidia GTS 8600 512MB
Nvidia GT 8600 1GB GDDR2
Nvidia GT 8400
Nvidia GT 7300
Nvidia GT 6200

I also have an 3DFX Voodo3 but dont have the CPU and Motherboard required to test it :/

So which one to test?

Benching system specs :
CPU : E7500
RAM : 4GB two sticks

Im still building the benching pc so i dont remember all the parts.

Any/all? Not sure what the question is really.... You really need to bench them (like for Hwbot, is that what is going on here???), on your 6600K if possible as the other system is too slow to get good scores out of those GPUs. A lot of the benchmarks that work with those cards love CPU speed/IPC, and cored (3DMark 06/Vantage/3D11)

Any/all? Not sure what the question is really.... You really need to bench them (like for Hwbot, is that what is going on here???), on your 6600K if possible as the other system is too slow to get good scores out of those GPUs. A lot of the benchmarks that work with those cards love CPU speed/IPC, and cored (3DMark 06/Vantage/3D11)

I meant just to test them and see what can i achive, The system is kind of a normal system for these GPU's for the time they were released (The 8xxx series 2008 and the CPU in 2009)

To be clear, this isn't to join the benching team and post at Hwbot, but for giggles, yes?

If its not for hwbot, bench whatever you want... not sure what you are looking for from members here. They will all be fun to see what they can do... but the choice isn't ours if you aren't doing it for Hwbot (which would require better CPU to compete and we can tell you what would yield the most points), LOL!

Throw them into the 6600k , you won't get what you want out of them on that old platform

To be clear, this isn't to join the benching team and post at Hwbot, but for giggles, yes?

If its not for hwbot, bench whatever you want... not sure what you are looking for from members here. They will all be fun to see what they can do... but the choice isn't ours if you aren't doing it for Hwbot (which would require better CPU to compete and we can tell you what would yield the most points), LOL!

Yes, It is for "giggles".
And i asked this question cause maybe somebody want to see what a particular card can do or achive.
I will probably test the two 8600's cause one is going to be in my gf's PC anyways and i need it (GPU) to work.

If you're trying to get points for them you're wasting your time in that old PC. The e7500 might be good for points in 2D benchmarks but 3D it won't stand a chance. BTW i had email that your subs were approved now.

Throw them into the 6600k , you won't get what you want out of them on that old platform

Im doing it for the sake of seeing the performance of these cards on an old platform they designed to work in.

That's up to you M@rk but IMO it's a waste of time. They may have been desinged in the same era but the difference between that e7500 and your 6600 is immense and it shows in benches

Cool!

Have fun and show us what you end up with! :)

Hehe :) thanks!
I will test the GTS 8600 first, But i will take a cooler from the GT 8600 cause i got the card from my friend w/o the cooler and tried every other cooler and none of them fit(except for a gt210 cooler but the fan wont spin :/).

If you're trying to get points for them you're wasting your time in that old PC. The e7500 might be good for points in 2D benchmarks but 3D it won't stand a chance.

Im not doing it for the points. I will not post my results at HWBOT, At least not with this build.
Im doing it for fun and its not a waste of time as long as i enjoy it and help people or interest them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back