• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

burn-in

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{PMS}fishy

Weeks. Over time it just gets faster. I don't really think that more voltage at default speed does anything. Run the chip as fast as possible and then keep pushing it. After a few weeks the speed will progress.

Tipycol

Burning in helped me get my PIII to run at 112fsb instead of a 103fsb, and my board doesn't even have voltage adjustments :D

Emericana

have used 10cpus probably all athy xp and not a single one has gained a single mhz from "burning in" even after being run at 2.0v on air cooling (w/o crazy fans)

jlin453

How is Sandra's burnin software? I've used it for about 24 hours for the memory bandwidth, but haven't used the cpu arithmetic option yet.

Tipycol

jlin453 said:
How is Sandra's burnin software? I've used it for about 24 hours for the memory bandwidth, but haven't used the cpu arithmetic option yet.

Not sure, since I only used Prime 95 to burn in, but from what people say it's just as good.