• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

burner help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chris

right heres the problem, i installed SP1 for Xp a few days ago and now my burner wont burn. Ive tried different burning software and media and the same thing happens, it either gives an error like "write error" or cannot perform lead out.Then i noticed event viewer had loads of errors in it and im pretty sure there the source of the problem but i dont know how to fix it can anybody help?

EDIT: i had to rar the images because the forumisdown doesnt seem to exist anymore and for the OC servers they cant b bigger than 300*300 wich cant of made them hard to read!

OP
Chris

Chris

right it seems nobody want to have a look since the jpegs are in a rar file and i cant host at the forumisdown because its down, so heres the text from the box in eventviewer.

Error:AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to read from an illegal IO port address (0xcfc), which lies in the 0xcf8 - 0xcff protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

Heres the other error:
An error was detected on device \Device\CdRom1 during a paging operation.

Last edited:
OP
Chris

Chris

i got rid off SP1 now it was mre trouble than its worth, thanks for the link turd theres a bios update available for my board so that should fix it, thats one error down:)