• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buying a 2400 on sunday and a new mobo, anything i should know????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phully

yup buyin it all on sun. just wondered if theres anythin i should look out for?

are alot of mobos compatible with the thuroughbreds?

Kosmic

If I HAD to buy a mobo on Sunday, I'd try to get one of the new nforce2s (but not leadtech, 'cause there is an important nforce2 chipset feature that isn't enabled...exactly WHICH one it is, I can't remember right now)

Personally, I'm waiting for the epox nforce2 board. But nobody knows when they'll be available.

As for the 2400, you again might be better off waiting for the AIUCB steppings to get sold so you can get a 2400 using AIUGB - The same stepping used in the 2600s.

If you can get the place you buy from to *guarantee* you a 2400 AIUGB, then that would be ideal...wishful thinking, probably though.

OP
phully

phully

what fsb does the 2400 run at?

is it actuially worth gettin one over the 2200?

Serraph

2400 has a default FSB of 133. Yes it's definately worth getting one over a 2200. 2400 is based on the Thoroughbred B revision while the 2200 is on the Thoroughbred A version. T-bred B runs cooler and overclocks better too.