• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buying and Selling of Used Equipment

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's automatic. A schedule task queries users who have hit 100 posts and grants access.

Moderators are constantly manually removing access, for people who don't make it thru our requirements... Often times the access is removed before it's ever granted (so the task won't grant access).

I seems to remember that as well but I guess they had to prevent users with generic freebie email address from just browsing because the PM isn't controlled the same way as classified section, anyone with throwaway email address could PM to buy.

Moderator could make exceptions if you absolutely positively can't get a real email address but you'd have to talk to them. I've always used @tds.net email and never had a problem with them.

Moderator could make exceptions if you absolutely positively can't get a real email address but you'd have to talk to them. I've always used @tds.net email and never had a problem with them.

TDS is an internet provider if not mistaken so it would be legit. Yes they make acceptions to rules but there has to be a very good reason to do such.

I sell on the forums 99% of the time. Why?

1) Its safe! A good group of guys help keep it safe and my #1 reason why I use it.
2) Typically can sell quickly for reasonable prices.
3) Its easy.
4) Access to a large group of buyers/sellers that has the same intrests
5) To give back to the forum, Giving good deals to other members on the forums, and knowing my equipment is going to be put to some good use.

Yes it might sell for lower then other places, ebay/craigslist, but I don't have to deal with fee's or possible shady deals from people that way. I've had bad experiances in the past and I've never had an issue here with selling on the forums compared to other places.

Back