• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buying dremel in Canada

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ohalexis

Registered
I'm buying a dremel for my case modding, any of you from Canada know some good place to buy a dremel? I just want some really affordable one, I saw one in the superstore like 59.99 something, forgot the model number, is it good? What dremel do you recommend?

BTW,I'm from Victoria. :)

I don't know about Canada but you will want a variable speed dremel that is corded. The battery ones run low quickly and don't seem to have the power. You don't have to buy a Dremel brand rotary tool, you can buy a B&D, craftsman, Dewalt etc... as long as it has variable speed and decent rpm. Hope that is helpful.

I recommend the Black & Decker RTX. It has a lot more power (torque) so it doesn't slow down as much as the Dremel brand. Same 1/8" bits fit both, and price is comparable.

I replaced my dead dremel with an RTX and, IMHO, it's a lot better.

Black and Deckers are really great. Most of their other products are crap, but amazingly they know their "dremels."

I will vouch for Canadian Tire's Mastercraft version of the dremil... got mine at x-mas on sale for $99 with all the accessories and I was not dissapointed at all. You can get he tool itself for less but this came with everything so I took it. Uses the same bits and all as the real dremel, variable speed and whatnot. Go get it! You won't be let down.

I got a rechargeable dremel and it blows goats, heck I don't even know where it is anymore, lol gonna buy a corded one then I can really destroy stuff

Back