• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

buying my 1st WC setup and have some questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

briman1000

Waterblock? Was thinking of getting Mcw-462-UH with 1/2 inch input. Want something that will go from intel to amd platform if need be. No idea on this one because there are so many?

Heatercore. Ordered a chevette heater core on autozone. seems to be a favorite here.

Pump. Danner 350 gph

clearflex60 1/2 hose

reservoir: rubbermaid container?

I am interested in doing it right the first time and not wasting money but getting good performance also.

I really have no idea what block to get i guess this is where my question really lies.
I have 1600xp system with 512mb ram. would like to get a
STABLE decent overclock out of it but as worried about this as noise. Thanks have been browsing for a long time and finally decided to register

dxiw

Disabled
you don't really need a res a lot of people do inline, where you fill up the system through a fill line. Also, on the waterblock ahve you looked at any of dangerden's and d-tek's stuff? The d-tek [email protected] and the d-tek tc-4 seem to be top performing blocks.

NeoMoses

I would stay away from poly topped blocks. They have a tendency to crack. Some of the best performing blocks are the TC4, the Spiral, Maze3... take your pick.

Rakk

If a poly top is done right it'll be fine - they're just harder to manufacture that's all.

Welcome to the forums btw :)

Overbrazil

I wouldn´t go with the swift block. It´s very nice but i think is not cheap for a chamber block. i woluld pick a maze or a dtek al top block and dont forget the shroud...
be happy