• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

buying new psu maybe...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

THunDA

Im considering buying a new psu cuz ive noticed lately my volts have been jumping around ...like the +12 has been goin to 13.6
and im thinking the Vantec 520 ...or a PCP&P,which one (model)would be equal to the 520?Also what effect would this have on performance when volts arent stable...? ...crashes..decrease in speed..heat?
Thanks

Top Hat Theater

low 5v lines cause stability issues. If you've got the cash, go with PCP&C b/c they're, hands down, the best PSUs. 1% tolerance on all lines, each line is self regulating. The Antec TruPowers have 3% tolerances and most other have 5%.

~THT

OP
THunDA

THunDA

right now i have a antec 400 watt ...if i get one from pcp&p which one would you suggest ?id like same power or more i guess...right now my 5v is 4.8 ,12v is 12.99,3.3 is 3.08 ....that doesnt look good huh?when i play games or do something intense the 12v goes over 13......
thx for your help

obliv

THT, i have a vantec 520 and every line has a 1% tolerance. idle and load the 3.3v and 5v never ever move. 4.97 and 3.31 respectively, and the 12volt will varry a lot in mbm5 (bug) but with a voltiometer and bios telling me its 12.01, im convinced that this is the best damn psu for the cost, it rivals the pcpc, looks cooler, and is about 400x quieter.