• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bye bye.... asus A7N8X rev2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HousERaT

Senior Air Extraordinaire
I just recieved my NF7 and switched over the goods..... I couldn't do much better than 2400MHz on my 2500xpm with the highest fsb of 200... even did the VDD mod and bumped up the voltage to 1.75. On my new NF7 i've now got the same ram up to 218 and I haven't even started to really overclock the cpu yet. Looks like my girl just inherited a Asus board. If you really want to overclock and get some serious gains with your setup.... get rid of your asus A7N8X. :D

gvblake22

DAMN YOU!!! Now I want yet ANOTHER upgrade :temper:

I have been thinking about doing this too but was unsure if I would really get better results... Now I know :rolleyes:

SpaceRangerJoe

I got my 8RDA3+ Rev 3.3 in the mail last week, to replace my A7N8X Deluxe Rev2. The Asus has been giving me lip for a while now. If I messed with the bios settings at all, it would fail to boot. So I moved all my components over yesterday into a new case, with 2 addition hard drives, and all sorts of goof stuff. It worked for a few minutes, then wouldnt turn on any more. I guess something must have shorted when I was messing with the ATX plug. Anyway, back on track. I ended up putting my Asus back in, and it seems to be working fine with this new chip. The mobile 2500 (had a 1700 tbred B in there beore) is running at 2.3gigs no problem (200 X 11.5). I'm still gonna rma the board and swap them out though. Maybe the asus just didnt like that tbred. I had that processor up to almost 2.4gigs last summer on another board, so i know the chip wasnt the problem. Anyway, I'm rambling now, so I'll go... :bang head

bluediamond

Personally, I am happy with my A7N8X, I have my 2600+ Mobile at 205 x 12.5 (2.563 GHz) stable at only 1.7 vcore. Seems pretty good to me.

OP
HousERaT

HousERaT

I've now got the cpu up to 2500MHz and I had it up to 2600MHz with some testing.... didn't like the temps so I'm waiting for my copper nb cooler to come bofore I go back to that, but I do believe my cpu can do at least 2.6gigs..... couldn't go much over 2.4gigs on the asus without stability issues..... what a difference a motherboard makes.... :D

OP
HousERaT

HousERaT

gvblake22 said:
STOP STOP STOP!!!

**feels like HousERaT is prodding me with hot pokers 'cause I just ordered a mobile 2600!!!**

go get yourself a $70.00 NF7 and let the love flow..... :p