• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

C1 stepping 1.4 S478 and more weirdness

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

markodude

Just got a new pdf from intel.com, some weird stuff like C1 stepping 1.4ghz P4's and D0 stepping stuff too, which I havent heard of...
c1.jpg

you can download it here

ftp://download.intel.com/design/Pentium4/specupdt/24919928.pdf

:D

FIZZ3

Not very crazy... those are just the core steppings of the older Willamette core. Northwood steppings started at B0 and are at C1 multiple VID right now. =)

OP
markodude

markodude

Does that mean that these low speed low multiplier s478 C1 stepping P4's will not overclock as well as other C1 steppings?
I was hoping for 14x multi to allow a 200FSb for 2.8ghz, a 100% overclock! And with RAM at 3:4 you would have a cracking rig!

FIZZ3

markodude said:
Does that mean that these low speed low multiplier s478 C1 stepping P4's will not overclock as well as other C1 steppings?
I was hoping for 14x multi to allow a 200FSb for 2.8ghz, a 100% overclock! And with RAM at 3:4 you would have a cracking rig!

Like Lt. Max and I said... these are *old* Willamette chips. That the final Willamette stepping ID 'looks higher' than the current Northwood one doesn't mean anything. The Northwood cores are newer and the better overclockers by far.

So to make it absolutely clear: there is NO relation between the C1 stepping listed there and the C1 stepping for Northwood processors.