• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

C1 stepping ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bibus

Registered
This is my first post on this great forum, so HI everybody!!!
I ve seen contradictory information that the c1 stepping is already out ? Is this true ,I saw on a waebsite that the release date is the 6th of december...
And another one : if you buy a 2,66 or 2,8 ghz P4 are you sure of getting a C1 ?
thx in advance ...
(sorry for my bad english ...)

OP
bibus

bibus

Registered
thx but that means it s not out there yet no ?

FIZZ3

bibus said:
thx but that means it s not out there yet no ?

2.5, 2.6, 2.66 and 2.8Ghz P4's are out now. So that means the C1 stepping is out now. The C1 stepping is used for the production of all new P4's (also the slower models) but all inventory has to be exhausted first before you can be sure of getting a C1 stepping on such a slower model (some 2.4B C1's are in customer's hands already).

OP
bibus

bibus

Registered
thx guys but anyone from here has one of them ?
Does C1 mean hyper threading too ?

batboy

Senior Moment
Yes, I have a 2.66 Northwood in the C1 stepping flavor. No, the C1 stepping does not support hyperthreading... yet. I believe the soon to be released 3.06 CPU will be the first with hyperthreading.