• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cable internet + pc = tv on pc?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

creecher

i have cable internet, and cable tv. would it be possible to some how still be able to get tv through the internet cable, i mean technically it came from the same place?

the more i think about it, the less likely i think this is. :p

should i just go buy a tv tuner card?

tinymouse2

The signal won't be recogized by an ethernet port. You have to run it through a TV card. Not a big problem though, I've found their generally pretty good =)

TimoneX

Closet Elitist Member
Yup lotsa HD PC tuners available. Many have both HD & SD tuners that can function simultaneously.

tinymouse2

You won't get a bad picture it just won't be HD. Also progressive? On a monitor? I might be wrong but doesn't progressive and interlaced only apply to TVs and not monitors?

Apart from that sounds good ^_^

glorp

Yup lotsa HD PC tuners available. Many have both HD & SD tuners that can function simultaneously.

Not unless the channel is broadcast by the CableCo in ClearQAM. Those typically would be only local channels that are also OTA in most cases. Certainly won't be any add-on HD channels that are part of an HD package. Need a CableCard tuner to get anything that's scrambled. There's only one maker of those -- right now.

TimoneX

Closet Elitist Member
No idea on the Qam thing. I use an OTA HD antennae and SD cable and everything works fine on one tuner with dual inputs.

bebeliv

Disabled
There is a new software out there ,it just costs 49.5$,a one-time fee less than one month of your monthly cable bill, and watch your favorite TV shows all your time. It’s a big save ,no need to have statellite dish ,receiver or any other equipments ,all you need is a computer and an internet connection . Here you can check out more in this site :
http://softjohn.com/tv_on_pc/pctv.html