• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cable modem speed!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hmm.. I'm on cable and I usually test at an over 400k/s connection speed and download at about 60k/s.....am I doing something wrong? This seems SLOW for cable compared to you guys.

Kerry

dsl is great for gaming, you get a REALLY nice ping in servers, just the d/l and u/l isnt that great. I would almost go to dsl if I had that option. Or I can pay another $40 and have both:eek:

cable for downloading crap and hosting server
dsl for gaming with a low *** ping

Warlord2 said:
dsl is great for gaming, you get a REALLY nice ping in servers, just the d/l and u/l isnt that great. I would almost go to dsl if I had that option. Or I can pay another $40 and have both:eek:

cable for downloading crap and hosting server
dsl for gaming with a low *** ping

really?
I found my ADSL slow and laggy in games, with bad pings (80-100ms). I switched to cable.. it's more unstable than DSL, but I get great pings (30-40ms), and fast downloads. With DSL my limits were 100kbytes/s down, 20kbytes/s up (but if I completely filled my upload cap, my downloads all died, kuz they had no stretch in the upload cap). My cable gives me 350kbytes/s and 50kbytes/s up.

Back