• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cablevision Offers Fastest Internet Connection in America: 101 Mbps down, 15 up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I can upload faster than that, as long as I'm uploading to a computer on my home 1Gbps network :) I'm stuck with 6Mbps/0.75Mbps for internet, though.

haha. Dont worry guys I plan on doing an article and comparison of the technology vs. current gen 30/5 cable. I really cant wait for this!

Fios network is good for usa only,for hosting games with players from europe it totally sucks.

So whats the montly cap ;) like 250G...lol

No monthly cap with Cablevision. Zero, nada.....
Unless!!! You are caught sharing/downloading copyright music/movies. Than they monitor your node carefully and cap your bandwidth every month. If youre smart like me and PAY for all software/movies/music than your bandwidth is unlimited. Heck, I stream all of my HD content digitally over the internet now, I dont even really need to pay for TV anymore.

Install date is Tue this week!!! :attn:

Mind setting up a really big 802.11n directional antenna pointed at Allen, TX? I want your bandwidth...

nice stuff this is my speed test on a dell dimension 2350 with OLD OLD OLD either wires and about 150 feet of cable from the main cable box that is on the side of my house. this is the 1 mb package from comcast about 25$ a month im not 100% sure id have to look at the bill. also i have found that the 1 mb package runs much faster for me than the full blown 60$ package did the 1 mb package normaly runs at 1mbps from 0% on a download to 100% the 60$ package i had would start at over 4mbps and after a few second it would fall to around 500 - 700 kbps i would suggest you guys try out the cheaper comcast package if you have that option in your area as it is faster in both up and down speeds and i almost forgot to mention i have 2 torrents going when i did this speedtest and i also have a webcam chat and 6 fire fox tabs on 1 fire fox browser and 2 tabs on a second firefox browser open my guess is that would knock my speeds down a little also i have not tweeked anything to make my speeds faster i did try a few things a long time ago and i did not notice any speed gains infact 1 of the tweeks reduced my upload by about 700 kbps if i remember correctly

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net] 501025821.png [/URL]

nice stuff this is my speed test on a dell dimension 2350 with OLD OLD OLD either wires and about 150 feet of cable from the main cable box that is on the side of my house. this is the 1 mb package from comcast about 25$ a month im not 100% sure id have to look at the bill. also i have found that the 1 mb package runs much faster for me than the full blown 60$ package did the 1 mb package normaly runs at 1mbps from 0% on a download to 100% the 60$ package i had would start at over 4mbps and after a few second it would fall to around 500 - 700 kbps i would suggest you guys try out the cheaper comcast package if you have that option in your area as it is faster in both up and down speeds and i almost forgot to mention i have 2 torrents going when i did this speedtest and i also have a webcam chat and 6 fire fox tabs on 1 fire fox browser and 2 tabs on a second firefox browser open my guess is that would knock my speeds down a little also i have not tweeked anything to make my speeds faster i did try a few things a long time ago and i did not notice any speed gains infact 1 of the tweeks reduced my upload by about 700 kbps if i remember correctly

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net] 501025821.png [/URL]

Yeah, cablevision offers 30 down / 5 up for $29 per month similar to your 25 down / 1 up with comcast for $25. I am not saying this new ultra service i am getting is cheap. lol as a a matter of fact I think the 300.00 activation fee for simply sending a guy to my house to hand me a modem is crazy. But you always have to pay a premium for advancing tech, especially when the company has no competition. the only way to get 101 down is to use cable, so for the time being they are charging me up the wazoo. paying a premium for the best. install is tomorrow and i will keep you all posted.

I wish prices here were anything close to $1/Mb... Roadrunner's 7Mb/512Kb is $50/m, and AT&T's 6Mb/768Kb is $35/m. There were a few wireless ISPs a few years ago, but I can't find anything on them now.

Seems like the $300 install/activation fee is to make up for the relatively cheap monthly rate. There's no other reason as the install process is the same for all internet speeds.

Seems like the $300 install/activation fee is to make up for the relatively cheap monthly rate. There's no other reason as the install process is the same for all internet speeds.

Not necessarily. It could be an equipment cost, or if they have to bring in more transit, etc.

Not necessarily. It could be an equipment cost, or if they have to bring in more transit, etc.
There's no different equipment except the modem is a docsis 3.0 modem. About double the price of a 2.0 modem currently, but that is also a monthly rental fee.

Back