• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

calculating actual PPD for a single card.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

t1nm4n

I have HFM so I can record what each card is doing and a fairly accurate point margin that is recorded by HFM versus what I get cause I have slow upload and I lose some points cause it take 5-15min to upload the finished file to the server, but what calculation would you use. I am able to export the history file from HFM to Excel and get all the info I should need, but when it come to messing with time versus numerical values I don't know how to do this with any accuracy. Here is one spread sheet I have.

View attachment updatednewestdrivers.xls

As you can see I found a way to converted the amount of time HFM recorded to hours and minutes then took points recorded to get an average of my PPD production. I haven't separated by cards yet, mainly cause I'm not sure these numbers are accurate. I'm just curious how different driver affect production, I thought I had it right, but some of the formulas are auto-generated so I'm not sure what formula it is using, and when I try to plug in my own formula I keep coming up with different numbers, some of which look right but don't match, and some that are just insane, like a 290/390x could do 668k PPD, lol I wish.

Any advice here would be greatly appreciated, also I realize that this is perfect world stuff, so it's not really practical, best would be to fold the same core/gen/run project 100 times to get a baseline for each driver you test with, but since that won't happen, this is the best I can do.

JrClocker

AKA: JrMiyagi
Try my app...it processes your log file and calculates actual points based off the log file information.

JrClocker

I don't see why not, but I never tested that scenario.

That being said, my app accesses:

- The log file: it opens it for shared read-only access...the [email protected] app can write to it while my app has it open with no problem (my app creates it's own file for analysis/parsing)
- Telnet: my app creates a separate telnet connection with the [email protected] app. This telnet connection runs simultaneously with the telnet connection between the [email protected] control and app

So it should work, no problem!

OP
t1nm4n

t1nm4n

so far it seems too, anyway to import older log files or just have to let it build it's own.

JrClocker

The [email protected] app deletes its log file every time you restart it. However, my program will keep a perpetual log file as long as it is running.

Also, when you run it, it will synch its perpetual log file with the current log file. For example, before I reboot my machine, I fire up my app to get the current history.

Let me know if you want new features or find a bug!