• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CALLING ALL: 133FSB Celeron-Tualatin out there!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AHO

Registered
CALLING ALL: 133FSB 1.2C-T+ out there!!

OK, I have lurked around and read lots on this forum already, but havent seen one collective post on this yet.

How many people out there actually have a STABLE 133FSB Tualatin Celeron 1.2 -> 1.4 (pre overclocked) working out there? By stable I
mean its on 24/7 or close to it, and passes benchmarks without ANY failure. And please not
your ultra high number that you got working once in a bluemoon.

Please tell us your your full setup and cooling.
And stepping number if possible.

THanks!!!
:beer:

AHO

Last edited:
I have a 1.1@133 fsb and it has been that way since the day that I got it. That was back in July I believe. Pack date is 05/28/02 Not sure what the stepping is since I dont want to take off the hsf to get it, and I am not sure which #'s off of the box would tell me. My setup is a Goldengate hs, Arctic Silver with a 60-80mm adaptor on it with a semi high speed fan. Alos one 120mm fan on the side of the case blowing onto my vid card and hsf. One 80mm can venting out near the psu, and one drawing air in at the bottom front side of the case. Currently I am at 36C. The only time that I have ever been unstabile at all with this comp is when I came home this summer and the air conditioner was off in out house all day and it was over 100 degrees F in our house. Other than that time, this comp has been as stabile as it would be at stock fsb.

my 1.1a does 1475 (133 bus) at 1.65v 100% stable
1.6 it was mostly stable, but 1.65 is rock stable. I bought it back in june i think, possibly may, its been some time

Well folding (100% cpu load) for 35 days in a row and casual use... that's how stable my [email protected] is. The system would have stayed stable past 35 days, but I didn't bother to test it more than that. PSU is taken out of case (it's too near slot-1... preventing airflow and generating heat) and there is heavy airflow through case. The system was tested for 1.2 -> 1.6 but it didn't work stable enough, so I bought 1.1.

OK, so my 1.1a @1,47 works well and stable with voltage 1,41V
I tried 140 FSB as well, but I think I'm limited because of my RAM.
I surelly beleive I can make it stable with new SDRAM module on FSB 140.

My CPU is SL5ZE PHILIPINES. I don't remember month of production but it should be at the begining of 2002.

Seems stable, it passed Sandra tests without problems.

my 1.1a does 133 at 1.53 volts
if only i could afford a new heatsink this baby could really rock :)

:D

my 1.1A does 1.6 @ 1.7v. using stock cooling. (145fsb)
but after a few months i ran into some stability problems, so now i just run it at [email protected] (default is 1.475v)

i tried bumping it back up to 140fsb, which it has run at before, and i managed to corrupt some files, which took me about 3 hours to repair. :rolleyes:

well i was able to get my 1.0A @ 1.5 150fsb w/1.7 voltage with temps at 31-33 load and 25 idle. im running a volcano 9 with no compound :eek: and i run my system 24/7 folding and gaming :cool: i also have sunon 80mm intake and exhaust fans and a home made side fan too cool off my v-card clocked at 300/600. stable as a rock :D

Before I killed my 1.2, I got it to run at 1553MHz (128fsb*12) with the voltage at 1.8. Wouldn't budge any further. I thought it was a pretty good overclock considering that I bought that chip the first week the Tualatin Celeron came out. By the way, it was an OEM version. I had that chip running first on a Volcano II, then upgraded to an OCZ Gladiator, then to the Thermalright AX-7. Temps ranged significantly from 37c load to 46c load at that speed.

My 1.2 runs @ 1.6 stable, but not 24/7 as its keeps me awake, though I sure it would if my ears could stand it, max so far is 16hrs without a crash. cooling is Volcano 7+ on medium fan setting, 80mm + 92mm intake (both at 7V) 92mm 7v blowhole and enermax PSU fans. 33C load, no idle as it runs F@H

I would stick with the 1.0a. While some of the faster Celerons hit 1500-1600MHz, the fsb speeds on some will be lucky to reach 133MHz. The 1.0a is just about guaranteed to hit 1400MHz these days, some even reaching 1500.

140 x 10 for 1400MHz is faster in most apppications than
133 x 11 for 1463MHz, and 133 x 12 for 1600MHz would be lucky to reach. It still wouldn't be faster than 150 x 10 which is about the same 50/50 gamble. Plus the 1.0a is only $49 shipped.

I've got a 1.0A tA1 that does 1.3 24/7.

Today I just got a 1.2 tB1 and I'll let you know how it works out.

Before people ask where I got it: I bought a 1.2 tA1 and swapped it for a 1.2 tB1 out of a Dell Optiplex at work :D

I was really impressed with this Dell order. It was in the office 92 hours after we put in the order, and it had a tB1.

- JW

Last edited:
JCLW said:

Before people ask where I got it: I bought a 1.2 tA1 and swapped it for a 1.2 tB1 out of a Dell Optiplex at work :D

I was really impressed with this Dell order. It was in the office 92 hours after we put in the order, and it had a tB1.

- JW

Nice, it looks like TB1 is real, at least oem has it, it will come to retail channel eventually:D

I got a 1.2a a few weeks ago. It's a boxed one, SL68P. Batch: Q226A734. I had it at [email protected] stable but it ran a little hot (48C idle 52C load) so I now run it at [email protected]. Both settings were and are 100% stable so far and it seems a lot of BS that the 1.2a cpus that is made now out there don't make it to 133fsb. I also bought a 1.2a about 10 months ago and it wasn't at all as good overclocker as this. The arguments for the 1.0a and 1.1a was true then. Now I'm not at all sure that they are a better buy. To me they are a worse buy (as it is now)... =)

Last edited:
JCLW said:

- JW

Can you tell me what the FPO/Batch code is on the tB1 processor...just curious what week it was made...I would suspect week 32 or later.

Brosken said:
I got a 1.2a a few weeks ago. It's a boxed one, SL68P. Batch: Q226A734.

Looks like we got almost similar chips. Mine is Q226A039 but S-code is SL5ZJ. Look sig for result. Works ok at 1.73GHz for a while but eventually crashes. That was with Alpha PEP66 and better voltage.

My maximum stable speed [24/7] with my 1.3 is 1781MHz, 1.75 volts. It heats up like hell, so it's out of the question, because I am air cooling the chip and if I wanted to run at this speed, my fans would make so much noise it's intolerable :). I was basically runnning it with an open case and a heck-of-a-lot of extra fans.
The chip will work stable with default voltage at 1666 MHz.
But yea, 133 FSB works great and doesn't produce much heat so I can run it with a closed case and only one CPU fan :)

jmsandrsn said:
Can you tell me what the FPO/Batch code is on the tB1 processor...just curious what week it was made...I would suspect week 32 or later.

Sorry it took so long for me to reply...

intel '01 Malay
1200/256/100/1.5
Q229A358-0411
Celeron SL6C8

That's week 29 is it not? June sometime?

It ran so cool in the workstation the thermal pad hadn't even melted.

- JW

Last edited:
Back