• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Calling all ASUS R9 280X TOP owners, need input.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ghost_z

Hi all,
I recently bought ASUS R9 280X TOP edition, and it had issues right out of the box.

I started getting Checker pattern artifacts and texture corruption in almost all the games.

Even browsers seemed to be messed up , i could see horizontal vertical lines on webpages which would go away and come back while scrolling or refreshing the page.

Seeing all this i went on to search Google regarding all this and noticed there are a lot of people in the same boat as me having the exact same gpu from ASUS,

So i researched more and some people seemed to suggest the issues are due to the Hynix ram modules which are running @1600mhx at 1.6v rather than their rated specification of 1500mhz at 1.5v, in turn this would cause VRM overheating and along with this some people even went on to suggest that the VRMs are not isolated from the main radiator and hence overheating causing all sorts of issue.

So finally i went and gave my GPU for RMA as DOA.
Still am too skeptical at the moment on whether i would get a working card or not.

If anyone here has the same card can you guys comment about your experiences, basically i wanna know how many people actually have a working ASUS R9 280X TOP which does not have any issues.

P.S if this makes any diff, my card came updated with the recent bios update 15.041 , while 2 other users i have talked to seemed to have 15.039 and there cards are working fine as per them.

Thanks in advance :) , all feedback will be highly appreciated.

my r9 280X top 3gb works flawlessly. have you tried updating all your drivers? like motherboard, monitor and card (if so) maybe try a clean install of windows...it's all I can really suggest :)

my r9 280X top 3gb works flawlessly. have you tried updating all your drivers? like motherboard, monitor and card (if so) maybe try a clean install of windows...it's all I can really suggest :)

Yep i did try all that, thanks for your help though :)

Also I ran OCCT Error detection bench too and it indeed gave me back a lot of errors just under 30 secs.

Back